But before Christmas starts (December 1st for me) I am planning to enjoy autumn, I think it is my favorite time of year, and I am going to make the most of it. The best way to make the most of anything is to write a really long list and then ignore all things on the list, but you know, I'm going to give it a go:
1. Scented candles! Yes, we have these all year, but who really lights candles when it's the middle of summer and 12pm and you are still sweating because London hates you and is crazy humid and hot and you live in a small apartment and life sucks a bit? Not me, that's for sure. Autumn is the time for scented candles and "atmosphere".
2. Scarf and jacket season! This is a sure winner, I'm never as comfortable as when I am tightly wrapped up in a scarf. Scarves are the way forward, at least in windy London. Also bring an umbrella if you live in london because, yes, it rains.
3. Clothes to hide the bulk! You know, that extra slice of cake you ate because why not and #lifeisshort. I'm banning anything that doesn't resemble a tent from my wardrobe and hoping the husband will still love me.
4. All the hot drinks. Supposedly all Americans love pumpkin spice anything, and maybe this is the season I try something like that, who knows? But I will definitely be having hot chocolate with marshmallows, endless mugs of tea and fancy coffees. By that I mean a latte. Is that fancy?
5. Leaves and all those colours. I love the autumn air and the fresh feeling and crisp outdoors. I also love the leaves all over the place (great in pictures!), before they become rainy muck.
6. Ankle boots at all times. Yes. Just yes. Also, sneakers, when those ankle boots become a bit uncomfortable.
So there we have it, just a couple of lovely bits of Autumn to look forward to and embrace right now before Christmas starts in about 5 minutes. Time goes by too fast!